Jan 31, 2009

Sledding

We went to sledding at local sledding hill this morning. It is Saturday. The temperature was not so bad (i.e., 20 degree F). We had fresh snow yesterday. The sledding hill was in the perfect condition. But, NO ONE was there. The sledding hill was only for us. And we had fun. Of course, I screamed louder than kids, somehow managed to go down backwards, splashed snow to kids and myself, and maybe possibly made this sledding-with-mommy-experience not so pleasant because of it. But it was a lot of fun.

And it gets even better.

We went to have freshly made donuts and tasty hot chocolate at Tim Hortons (I love their price!). Kids' happy faces were covered with chocolate - their smiles were just glowing. They slurped, giggled, licked the chocolate off the fingers, giggled, slurped more....I could tell they were having a good time. It made me feel warm and happy. And, to top it off, we all took good naps in the afternoon.

What a perfect winter day.
Snow is not so bad, sometimes, on a day like this.

1 comment:

beckmarsh said...

oh, I LOVE Tim Horton's. When we went to Canada, we tried to go to as many of them as we could. I mean, strawberry tarts! Practically on every corner!