Jan 6, 2009

50 year - gold, 25 year - silver, 8 year - antibiotics!?

We had our 8th wedding anniversary on Sunday.
January 4th, 2001, I married to my best friend.

This was the most descent picture I have in my computer (this was taken by my father-in-law's digital camera)

You know, how anniversary gift list goes, like famous ones are gold for 50 year anniversary, silver for 25 year anniversary, and so on. According to such a site happy-anniversary.com (just a result of random Google search), traditional 8th anniversary gift is bronze, modern one is pottery. But this year, we picked antibiotics, not by our choice. My husband, my son J, and myself got strep throat last week (luckily M has been very healthy). We had our grand anniversary date planned (dinner, a movie, and good hot chocolate. Pretty fancy, huh?) for Saturday night. Both of us have been really looking forward to it. But we didn't even have energy to move out of couch. So, it got canceled. I don't even remember what we ate. But sure we had our share of antibiotics.

We didn't have wedding vows like some other wedding ceremony, but this sickness really reminded me of those wedding vows saying "in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph, I will love you..."
We have had our times of sickness and health, joy and sorrow, and failure and triumph. And I'm pretty sure we will have plenty of more of those.

Hey, we have made it for 8 years. We can do a lot longer, right? I have met several mature couples who have shared their lives together for more than 60 years. We have grown together this past 8 years, and I am looking forward to growing (a lot more!) together, like those mature couples.

No matter what, I know, I will always love my husband, my very best friend, for eternity.

Happy anniversary, honey!

5 comments:

Lis said...

I am so sorry that you spent your anniversary sick. You are so cute to blog about it. Hopefully you will get to go on your date soon.

Miss you!

Liz

carizolli said...

Happy Anniversary! You were a very beautiful bride!

Sorry you were both sick! Hopefully you can have a belated celebration.

Kumiko said...

You know what? Our anniversary is january 4th too.(I didn't know it)
We were sick like same as you guys.
Anyway, Happy anniversary!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.