Mar 8, 2009

Good ol' technology

I remember when I was in 1st grade, there was a homework - a drawing of future. I was supposed to draw what I would picture as "future." I don't remember if I came up with anything, but oh boy, did I ever dream that I would be talking to my parents through computer 20 some years later (ahem), from here to Japan, with 14 hour time differences?? Wow! I'm amazed! (yeah, I know we are little behind in some technology....) Kids enjoyed "meeting" with my parents. My dad had never seen M in person, so he was thrilled! Thanks to Skype. We had a good time.

3 comments:

carizolli said...

WOW! That is so cool! Technology can really make the world feel smaller, huh?

Lis said...

That is awesome. I love that you can talk to your family even when they are far away.

The Mink Family said...

Isn't Skype great?! We do it too with my dad in Utah...and even with some friends here in town!! It's awesome that your kids can see your parents in "person"!