Nov 2, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Happy Halloween!

We enjoyed trick-or-treating last night, and got A LOT of candies.
While kids were out with my husband this morning, I checked their trick-or-treating bags. You know, make sure they are no choking hazard type of candies and what not...

Here is a sketch of my mumbling during the sorting candies....

M&Ms, M&Ms, and more M&Ms....I can save them as stocking stuffer (how cheap!), can't I?

Twix....Mmmm
, that's my favorite. So this one is going to this pile right here (i.e. Mommy tax* pile)....

Ooh, a dressed in ghost sucker (wrap in a tissue)! That's cute idea....that is going to their candy jar....

Snickers, Smarties, Kit Kat.....I guess some of them can go to their candy jars....and some goes to mommy and daddy pile.....

Hard candies and bubble gums....they have to go to this pile so that kids won't eat...

Oh, good ol' spooky body parts shaped gummies and skeleton shape candies....yeeeew!! Well, J will probably enjoy them, so they'll go here.....

Mmmmm, Butterfinger and Almond Joy.....yeah, they have to go to Daddy tax* pile....

Okay, let's see....a candy wrapper!? Oh yeah, M was eating a big purple sucker the whole time we were trick-or-treating.....

Whoa! A ramen noodle??? Wow! Who would...!? I guess we live in a college town....

A real popcorn ball! Nice! I want to taste it!! We have to share this one....

Ooh, pumpkin shaped pretzels....I'll put this in the snack drawer....

A pencil, stickers, puzzles....nice non-sugary items....

2 pennies....

A DOLLAR BILL??? Score! Um, I mean, that will go to J's train-shaped piggy bank.........



I spent good 30 minutes doing this. It was quite entertaining.


*Mommy and Daddy tax:
Personally, I have never heard of such thing, but obviously it exists. What it is that after trick-or-treating, parents go through kids' bags to make sure there is nothing hazardous or if it's okay for kids to eat certain items, and then take Mommy and Daddy's share, about 10% of them (usually good kind of candies), according to our friend who is a professor in finance. If kids have multiple trick-or-treating occasions (such as at school or at a party), then they have to go to higher bracket or something...

For the time and effort of making costumes and bags, going to trick-or-treating in coordinated costumes, pulling kids in a wagon all over the town, and dealing with sugar-high-wired-kids later on....yeah, that sounds about right.

3 comments:

carizolli said...

Only 10% for all that work we do? Seems like we're getting jipped, huh? Ah, but the kids will burn off the calories faster, huh?

Ginny said...

Nice ramen! Thanks for sharing your dialogue with yourself...very entertaining! lol

Lis said...

I love your blog! I ended up with a cook jar full of treats between all the stuff we went to this year.