Apr 22, 2010

Good food, good company, and a good time

We had dinner with our family friends. Kids played outside while my friend and I cooked in the kitchen. My hubby was in his grilling duty while sitting under the sun and reading a good book (her hubby was still on the way home from work). My friend brought marinaded chicken and potato salad (with smoked paprika. Yum!). After I thought what I could do, I decided to try on a couple of new things - homemade pita bread and roasted red pepper hummus. Oh my goodness. The pita bread was DELICIOUS! I could not believe they just came out of my oven!! I made with half whole wheat flour, cooked a little longer than the recipe called. Out of 10 good size pita breads, I have about 1/3 piece left. Four adults and 4 little kids, counting those kids didn't eat much. So, yeah, that good! Homemade pita bread with grilled chicken, homemade hummus, and alfalfa sprouts. Oh, it was so good. Just plain pita with honey butter was also a hit too. To top it off, we had a double chocolate cookie topped with whipped cream and strawberries (sorry, no picture. I didn't have enough patience to take ones before I ate). Mmmm! Mmmm!! Mmmm!!! Good food, good company, and a good time.

No comments: