Oct 6, 2009

My personal gallery collection

This past few months, my house has been decorated with many pieces of arts. Our dining room wall is now my personal gallery. (I have been meaning to post this for a long time)

Thanks to IKEA for the big roll of drawing paper, this is how it started in early August. If you walk this gallery with the artist, he'll tell you a story behind this piece.
This is absolute my favorite. "Mommy and the baby in mommy's tummy."
I love her smile. (August 2009)
This is the latest version of the same title. I love the smiles on both of us. I now have actual trunk and baby is inside of my body. Plus the baby is getting bigger just like my belly is too.
(September 30, 2009)
"Oh, no! We got a mouse living in our house!!"
"Mice are living in the wall with a little hole," J says."When Sun is out after rain, you can see a rainbow and a flower comes out!"
The flower is, of course, for his mama. How sweet!
"Book of Joshua"
The amount of papers with drawing in my house was getting out of control. I did not want to throw them away because each of them had stories. So I decided to make a binder. Each page has a little sticker with explanation. Like the one on the right page was his first drawing of a butterfly (July, 2009). I actually forgot what it was. Good thing it was recorded. Whew.
These papers are accumulating daily and I am having a hard time keeping up with it. Papers, papers, everywhere. But I love the fact he enjoys drawing. And it is improving tremendously each time. I can see "evolution" on his doodle guy's (or his mama) details, face and body, even only in a few months period. It is so fun to see him growing. And I'm so happy to be right here with him to witness that.

1 comment:

Kumiko said...

ちえちゃんのアイディアいいねー、私も真似しなくては。子供たちの描いた絵をちゃんと残して本にしてあげてすごい!J君絵じょうずやし。