Oct 8, 2009

Joy of Motherhood

Today was a tough day. To lighten up myself, I did some search on some encouraging words, and I came across with this.

"As mothers, our work is not washing diapers and mending holes in jeans—that is what we spend much of our time doing, but it is not our work. Our work is rearing children; but it is much more than that, for we rear our children to fulfill their potential...They (our work) are tools that we may use to develop our own divinity and help our children develop theirs....Motherhood is joyful. It is exciting, challenging, and fun; it demands all our best efforts. Motherhood is creation of children and of the homes to nurture them in.."

I'm spending alone time with my daughter this evening as my husband took my son out with him. I went to grocery shopping with her. We bought fruits and vegetables, and some cookies to share after the shopping trip. Now she is playing quietly with her doll house I painted. She is learning to be a big sister, and eventually a mother herself. I did dishes and vacuum this morning, and now I remember J was helping me cleaning up. I guess I did an okay job today as a mom.
Okay, I'm feeling a lot better now.

No comments: