Oct 14, 2008

Serenity

When was the last time you were able to enjoy your breakfast in one sitting?

Mine usually goes like,

"Mama! I don't want this."
"Uh-oh!"
"Mama! I want to watch Curious George."
"Juice! Uh! Uh! Juice!"(accompanied by baby-sign for "more")

So, I stand up, go get something, come back and sit down just long enough to take a bite, and stand up again, etc.

But, today it is a little different.

It is such a beautiful morning.
Sun is shining through our front picture windows.
Mild breeze moves colored leave gently.
Morning dew on leaves reflect the sunlight.
Our dog is sleeping by my feet.
Kids are nicely playing upstair in our daughter's room.
I was able to pray quietly as long as I wanted.
I enjoyed my breakfast toast while it was still warm and crispy.

Quiet.

So quiet.

Serenity.

That would the perfect word to discribe this moment.

Then, there goes,
"Mama! Look! Happy Birthday! I made a cake for you!"
I can hear my son calling me from upstair.

Today will be a good day.

Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Lis said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful morning. I have had mornings like you posted about. And dinner tends to be that way too. Sometimes I have to reheat my meals because I am so busy helping everyone else.

carizolli said...

Ah yes, "Serenity" is the perfect word for mornings like that. Don't you just want to press the pause button and enjoy it forever!