Jan 12, 2010

Surrounded by love

I have been feeling so much love from my family and friends, so I needed to write them down.

Last Saturday, I needed a day off. A day off from kids duty. I wanted to declutter my house and my life. Decluttering, that's what I do when my stress level goes up. It's like my therapy. So, my sweet dear husband took care of kids, all of them. I vacuumed, packed bags of trashes to be taken out of the house, packed "stuff" to be donated, drop the "stuff" at Salvation Army, got totes from Walmart to organized kids' clothes, packed more "stuff" to be donated, etc. In a meantime, my sweet dear husband played with kids outside in the snow while he shoveled snow, took trash out, cleaned garage, fed kids, put kids for naps, made dinner, gave kids a bath, etc. Oh, I felt so so much better!!!

Yesterday, I had one of those days - pounding headache, exhaustion, screaming children, etc. Finally, I was able to take a nap. After I woke up from a nap, I had a message from my friend who wanted to drop off a meal for me. Then this morning, she showed up with a bag full of goodies - lasagna, a loaf of french bread, salad, and paper plates/cups/napkins and plastic forks, so I didn't even have to do dishes!! What a friend!

Also, this morning, another friend of mine called me to take the older 2 kids out to a playgroup this morning. I originally planned to go, but my car had problems and went to a shop last night. I thought I was going to be stuck in the house. Instead, she took the older kids out for me. I put baby to bed. And myself, too. It was so quiet. The best nap ever! I also enjoyed a short visit with her when she dropped them off this afternoon.

I am so lucky to be surrounded by so much love!

No comments: