Nov 11, 2009

Happy pregnancy

It hurts so bad to type because of carpal tunnel, but I wanted to write.

I'm so grateful for this happy pregnancy. I have been happy and healthy throughout, mostly. I didn't know being pregnant can be a happy thing till this one. I was so sick with last one that I don't even remember much about or I didn't want to remember what it was like to be pregnant. I just survived. Because I was so sick, my mind was sick too. But I remember wishing for a happy pregnancy, which I thought it would never happen to me. I wanted to be able to be a normal pregnant woman, but I was giving up on it. I didn't think I could survive another pregnancy. But I felt so strong that I have to bring out one more child to this world. I prayed, pondered, debated...I wanted to be absolutely sure before I headed to the rough road. Then, it happened. I was rough at first, but with much help of medicines and J's sweet daily prayers, I have been actually enjoy being pregnant. My dream came true! And I'm now 34 weeks, as due date approaches and feeling somewhat nesting (I have been busy cleaning and organizing), I wanted to keep a record of what I feel now.

I am grateful that I am able to bear my own children. What a blessing that is.
I am grateful that we are blessed with 2 healthy children.
I am grateful that I can drink water and actually enjoy the taste.
I am grateful that I can eat and don't have to throw up. I have been gaining 1 lb/week.
I am grateful that people around me are happy for me and my pregnancy. It is so wonderful to know it is okay to feel happy being pregnant, not feeling sorry or shamed being pregnant because of coming up maternity leave.
I am grateful that I have been able to function as a wife and a mother while I'm pregnant. I was so afraid first. I was not sure if I would have been able to survive, because I was really sick at the beginning. But I am able to cook and bake the things my family love and enjoy.
I'm grateful that I can be home with my children and take care of them and myself.
I'm grateful that I can enjoy being pregnant, even when it hurts so bad to get kicked and stretched from inside. I can feel a life inside of me. I can feel the strong bones. I can feel his hiccups.
I am grateful that I am a woman and I am a mother. What a beautiful thing I am blessed with.
I'm grateful for my family and their love, especially my husband's understanding and support.

I am really looking forward to meeting with this little guy. I wonder how he looks and what kind of personality he has. We are all excited for him. What a beautiful thing. A loving family.
I am so lucky.

3 comments:

Lis said...

I am so happy for you. I was nervous for you at first too. I am glad that you have been able to enjoy your pregnancy.

carizolli said...

*whew* a "happy pregnancy"! I'm so glad you got to experience this! I can't believe you're so close to having that sweet baby already!

P.S. I'm planning on making your chicken noodle soup for dinner tomorrow. I've never made homemade noodles before. I'm excited to try it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.