Mar 29, 2010

Happy Nappy

This afternoon, I lied down on the couch for just a little bit. Before you know I was asleep. Something about middle-of-the-night-feeding (not so much of sleep deprivation as it used to be, but still not a long stretch as I want to) and juggling 3 kids plus housework, it seems like I can sleep anywhere if I get to close my eyes for more than 10 seconds.
I remember J and M playing Thomas the tank engine train set in the middle of the living room floor. The movie "Curious George" was on the TV. It was nice and sunny outside. Not the perfect sleeping condition in my standard, but the warmth of a blanket overpowered me to doze off. When I woke up, I found M falling sleep on baby K's play mat, J curling up on the couch, and our dog Leo snoozing under sunlight in the middle of kids' room. Baby K was the only one in his own bed. But it didn't matter where and how, we all took a Happy Nappy - that's what we call here. A nap makes us all happy.

No comments: