Sep 28, 2008

Where is Bertie???

"Mama, where is Bertie???", my beloved son J.

Mama: "I don't know, where did you leave?"

J: "I don't know. Will you find it for me?"

Mama: "If you don't know where you left, then how would I know???"

After a few distractions, he forgot about his little friend Bertie.

Later that day, my bedtime came. Since my kids messed up our bed with many pillows, toys, and miscellaneous items earlier the day, I was trying to make a space for me to actually sleep on.

Then, I hear "Kaboom!" on the hardwood floor, around 11:58 pm to be precise.
Of course kids and our dog were sound sleep.

Aha! I found his Bertie!

My DH in basement studying heard that loud noise.

DH: "What happened?"
He sounded worrysome.

Mama: "It was J's Bertie. He was looking for it and couldn't find it. It was in our bed."

Mama: "You know, it must be some genetic thing that you guys go,
'Mama, where is ####???'
all the time. "

DH: "Well... good night!"

Did I mention that I have 4 kids? A 4 year old boy, a 2 year old girl, a 5 year old dog, and a 30 year old boy (a.k.a. my DH).

They all make me laugh, smile, and happy.
(yes, I have my own share of those not-so-happy moments too, but I will not mention here.)

No comments: