Jun 3, 2011

One of the many benefits of decluttering

I paid only 34 cents for 2 ink cartridges.

I needed to get new ink cartridges for our printer. so I dropped a box full of empty cartridges at our little neighborhood ink store O-ink to "recycle (i.e. getting some money back)". About an hour later, I went back to the store to pick up my newly filled cartridges.

The store guy: "I have a good news and a bad news for you."
Me: "Uh-oh."
The store guy: "Well, the bad news is your color cartridge is dead. That's why it didn't work."
"But the good news is....because of all the empty cartridges you turned in, after all the money back, for 2 cartridges you have to pay....let's see....yep, 34 cents."
Me: "THIRTY-FOUR CENTS???"
The store guy: "Yep, 34 cents."
Me: "Reallly? Only 34 cents?"
The store guy: "Yep."
Me: "Oh, I love you. You made my day."
"But, why 34 cents?"
The store guy: "Well, that's Michigan tax for ya."

So I handed a thing of Quarter and a thing of Dime, and told him to keep the Penny. I am so easy to please.

No comments: